16 Days: Day 8 Community Perception, Myths & Beliefs
Day 8: Call to Action – day 8 People, it is time to start talking. Today, start a discussion with your friends around the myths not sure what is truth or hype? Have a look at this site. http://www.bdvs.org.au/information/myths–facts
Just in case you havent time, here are some truths for you to consider and discuss/research:
• Domestic Violence happens in all cultures
• Domestic Violence happens in all socio-economic groups
• It is not easy for a woman to “just leave”-a topic we will be covering in coming days.
• It is gendered and we need to name it
• It is everyone’s right to live violence free
Today, open doors, start a discussion and see where it can take us.
Reblogged this on Women's Network (Hunter, NSW).